All HMML patrons have access to a large digital collection of eBooks and audiobooks through a service provided by the NH State Library called Overdrive. Overdrive can be accessed by any web-ready computer and from an app on most phones and tablets. Overdrive supports various eBook readers and formats including Kindle, Nook, ePub and more. A computer, tablet, or phone is necessary for audiobooks. If you are interested in using Overdrive please refer to the quick guide below, or feel free to come in, bring your device, and ask Ben (Mondays-Fridays 10-5 PM) for some hands-on assistance setting up the service on your device.
Overdrive Quick Guide:
- For Tablets (iPad, Kindle Fire etc.) and Phones (iPhones, Androids): Download the “Overdrive” app from the App Store, Google Play Store, or Amazon App Marketplace.
- For other devices such as laptops, desktops, and b & w readers (Kindle Paperwhite) go to nh.overdrive.com
- In either case click “Sign in with my library card”
- Select “Epping: Harvey-Mitchell Memorial Library” from the list of libraries.
- Enter our library code (4554) followed immediately by your 4 digit library card number. It should look like this: 4554xxxx with your card # in place of the “xxxx”
- Once signed in you may be asked to select a library again, select “Epping: Harvey-Mitchell…” and then “NH State Library” on the following screen.Once this initial setup is complete you should only have to sign in with your card again to access the service.
If none of the above steps worked or you need some hands on help, feel free to bring in your device and ask for Ben at the upstairs desk for help setting up or using the Overdrive service. You can also call us @ 603-734-4587 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.