Harvey-Mitchell Memorial Library is committed to our goal of being one of Epping’s most valued community resources. In order to continue that goal we are looking to expand the library this coming year, and we’ll need your support to get us there.
The vote for the expansion warrant article (Article 6) will be on the ballot for this year’s town elections on March 13th 2018. This page will give an overview of the plans, what it will look like, and what the benefits are to Epping and it’s residents. This plan will have no tax impact in 2018.
The plan calls to expand the library on both floors, extending our space for both library materials and our growing patron base. Below you can see the floor plans and exterior renders of what the expanded HMML will look like.
Youth Room/Bottom Floor
Rear of Building (Parking Lot Entrance)
The expansion has many benefits for every type of library patron:
- More space for Books, Movies and other materials
- More workspace for every need. Public and Private meeting spaces, along with more desks, computers, and places to get stuff done.
- More space for Programs and Events. No more limited seating or overcrowded events!
- Expanded Youth Room: more space for play, events, and learning.
- Updates to our handicap accessibility, lighting, and heating will bring our library up to date and more cost efficient to run.